314 Civic Road
La Salle, IL 61301
P: (815) 223-2288
F: (815) 223-7108
Benefits of Using Our EASA-Accredited Service Center to Repair or Rewind Your Three-phase, Squirrel-Cage Induction Motors ANSI/EASA AR100:
Recommended Practice for the Repair of Rotating Electrical Apparatus EASA Accreditation Program Assuring the Efficiency and Reliability of Repaired Electric Motors Overview
It has been proven that electric motor efficiency can be maintained by following defined good practice repair and rewind procedures. As a result, the Electrical Apparatus Service Association, Inc. (EASA) developed an international accreditation program for service centers that is based on the sources of these good practices, namely ANSI/EASA AR100: Recommended Practice for the Repair of Rotating Electrical Apparatus and the “Good Practice Guide” from the 2003 study The Effect of Repair/Rewinding on Motor Efficiency by EASA and the Association of Electrical and Mechanical Trades (AEMT).
This groundbreaking accreditation program uses EASA-approved independent, third-party auditors to evaluate service centers and assure they are following prescribed good practice electrical and mechanical repair procedures that maintain motor efficiency and reliability.
The EASA Accreditation Program covers threephase, squirrel-cage induction motors. Its scope includes both mechanical repairs and electrical rewinding.
Highlights The EASA Accreditation Program for motor repair:
- Assures usage of prescribed good practices that help maintain motor efficiency and reliability
- Covers 23 categories and more than 70 criteria (see the “Audit Checklist with Explanations” at www.easa.com/accreditation)
- Requires external audits by EASA-approved independent, third-party auditors
- Assures continuing compliance with proven good practices through mandatory internal self audits
- Is open to EASA members and non-members
Benefits of Using Our Accredited Service Center
When you use our EASA-accredited service center, you can be confident that:
- We are committed to excellence and value our professional reputation.
- We are dedicated to providing repairs that maintain or improve motor efficiency and reliability.
- We consistently follow proven best practice procedures that result in the highest quality repairs.
- We will repair your motors using well maintained equipment and accurately calibrated instruments (see www.easa.com/accreditation for a list of required equipment and calibration specifications).
- The quality of our work has been validated by independent third-party auditors, as well as by mandatory internal self audits.
- We continuously demonstrate to industry, energy advocates and regulatory agencies that we are dedicated to providing repairs that maintain efficiency and reliability.
- Our positive image helps us attract and retain experienced, highly trained employees that consistently perform procedures according to industry best practices.
- We follow best practices that enhance our productivity while reducing the possibility of errors and repetitive repairs–all of which means better service, improved reliability and less downtime for you.
- When you see our EASA Accreditation logo on your motor, you know it was repaired to the industry’s highest standards to maintain or even improve its efficiency and reliability.
Do business with our EASA-accredited service center. Call us today!